If you are like most people, you have a long list of fitness goals that you intend to get to “one day.” Of course, we all know that one day never comes and those who put things off until some other time will never find the success they are looking for. Achieving your fitness goals is similar to anything else in life in that you have to just go for it and be consistent in your efforts.
If you want to be in better physical condition, you must stop making excuses!
Excuses are what holds most people back from achieving the things they set out to achieve. They say they don’t have enough time or they can’t afford a gym membership or they have no support and the list goes on and on and on…
You must take responsibility for your life and being healthy and fit is the best thing you can do for yourself. You are a special person and deserve to have a life of health and there is no reason that you cannot. Below are a few tips I have put together to help you achieve your fitness goals no matter what they are.
- Believe that you can – everything starts with a belief. If you don’t believe you can do something, you are already defeated. This is absolutely true in all areas of our lives, especially our health. If you are not healthy, you must believe that you have the right to be healthy and not only that but that you can get yourself into as good of shape as anyone else in the world. Trust me, a strong believe in yourself will help you do just about anything.
- Get started and don’t stop – this should be self explanatory but many people just can’t seem to get going. Many people have gotten so far out of shape that they feel it is hopeless to even begin. They look at it as if they have to eat the elephant in one single sitting and we all know it doesn’t work that way. Anything worth having takes time, dedication and persistence. Just getting started will help you to create momentum and once momentum kicks in, it will be hard for you to quit.
- Keep it simple – it doesn’t take a complex workout program to get great results. A workout program that works is one that is simple enough that you can stick with but challenging enough to force your body to grow (or shrink). If you burn yourself out on insane workouts, you will be no better off than when you started. In fact, you may be worse off because you may leave with a bad taste in your mouth.
- Follow a program – it’s important that you find a solid program it stick with it. Don’t allow yourself to just wonder around aimlessly not knowing what to do. Real results will come when you put all the pieces together the way they are supposed to be. I’m amazed at how many people “workout on the fly” without any kind of real goal in mind. Why waste your time doing something that is not going to give you the results you are looking for?
- Set priorities – your health should be a priority in your life because without it, you don’t have much of anything else. Your health is yours and you can either use it or lose it. Choose to make health a priority in your life and watch how your fitness goals become easier and easier.
Health and fitness is simply living a lifestyle that allows your body to perform at it’s best. Whether you are looking to lose weight, build muscle or just maintain your current condition, the same principles apply to everyone. When you look around and see amazingly healthy people and wonder how they do it. Here it is…
They put their health above all else, they are consistently doing the daily disciplines that will help them reach their goals and they never quit!
That’s it, health is SIMPLE so don’t make it so hard. Have fun and enjoy the ride. The best part of pursuing fitness goals is the journey towards the goal. I mean, once you reach the goal, you’ll probably be looking for another one so get busy, have fun and never, never, never, never give up!